Social Security Number Privacy Protection Policy
We maintain policies that protect the confidentiality of
Personal Information, including Social Security numbers, obtained
from our customers and employees in the course of our regular
business functions. We are committed to protecting the Personal
Information of our customers and employees and have implemented
physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect such
Personal Information is information that is capable of being
associated with an individual through one or more identifiers
including, but not limited to, a Social Security number, a driver's
license number, a state identification card number, an account
number, a credit or debit card number, a passport number, an alien
registration number, or a health insurance identification
number. Personal Information does not include publicly
available information that is lawfully made available to the
general public from federal, state or local government records or
widely distributed media.
- Our internal policies and procedures impose a number of
- safeguard the confidentiality of Personal Information,
including Social Security numbers;
- prohibit the unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers,
- limit access to Social Security numbers.
- We will not request a Social Security number unless the number
is needed to comply with federal or state law, or where required to
administer or enforce a transaction.
- We will not use or share Social Security numbers or Personal
Information with third parties unless there is a legitimate
business "need to know" in accordance with applicable laws and
- Records containing Social Security numbers must be stored,
transmitted, and disposed of in accordance with company information
- Our employees may access Social Security numbers or Personal
Information only as required by their job duties.